domingo, 16 de julio de 2017

SUMMER REVIEW: MODAL VERBS

COMPLETE THE SENTENCES USING A MODAL VERB. MORE THAN ONE ANSWER IS POSSIBLE.

1 His flight took 11 hours. He must be exahusted. He may / might prefer to stay home tonight and rest. 

2 If you want to really know the town, you ... go to the centre and explore the historical area. 

3 Climbing ... be dangerous if you are not prepared. 

4 When there are little children in the house, you ... leave small objetcs on the floor. These objects ... be put in their mouths causing serious injuries. 

5 ... you dive for more than a minute? Yes, I can. 

6 These trees need a lot of water. If you don't water them every day, they ... die. 

7 I ... speak Japanese because my family lived in Japan when I was a child. 

8 The book is optional. We ... to read it. 

9  Where is my phone? It ... be in my bag but it isn't here. 

10  The weather forecast says that there is a storm coming. You ... take an umbrella with you. 

11 Can we stop? I really ... use the bathroom. 

12- ... I borrow your pen?
    - Yes, no problem. Actually you ...    
      keep it. I've got a lot of them. 

13  They ... be on holiday, but I don't know for sure.

14 You ... be right but I want to check a second time. 

15 ... you turn down the music, please?

16 Ask any questions now because you ... talk during the test. 

17 You ... smoke in the cinema.

18 From his accent, he ... be from Badajoz.

19 It's impossible, he ... finish the project in one day only. 

20 The weather ... be better tomorrow.

21 ... you ride a horse?







































COMPLETE THE SENTENCES USING A MODAL VERB. MORE THAN ONE ANSWER IS POSSIBLE.

1 His flight took 11 hours. He must be exahusted. He may / might prefer to stay home tonight and rest. 

2 If you want to really know the town, you MUST / SHOULD / go to the centre and explore the historical area. 

3 Climbing CAN / MAY  be dangerous if you are not prepared. 

4 When there are little children in the house, you MUSTN'T leave small objetcs on the floor. These objects CAN be put in their mouths causing serious injuries. 

5 CAN you dive for more than a minute? Yes, I can. 

6 These trees need a lot of water. If you don't water them every day, they MAY / CAN die. 

7 I CAN speak Japanese because my family lived in Japan when I was a child. 

8 The book is optional. We DON'T HAVE  to read it. 

9  Where is my phone? It SHOULD be in my bag but it isn't here. 

10  The weather forecast says that there is a storm coming. You MUST take an umbrella with you. 

11 Can we stop? I really MUST / HAVE TO  use the bathroom. 

12- CAN / MAY  I borrow your pen?
    - Yes, no problem. Actually you ...    
      keep it. I've got a lot of them. 

13  They MAY be on holiday, but I don't know for sure.

14 You MAY be right but I want to check a second time. 

15 CAN you turn down the music, please?

16 Ask any questions now because you CAN'T  talk during the test. 

17 You CAN'T smoke in the cinema.

18 From his accent, he CAN / MAY be from Badajoz.

19 It's impossible, he CAN'T finish the project in one day only. 

20 The weather CAN / MAY be better tomorrow.

21 CAN you ride a horse?




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario